Sunday, January 16, 2005

The idiots versus the dummies -- and the idiots win!

A while ago, I read "Quitting Smoking for Dummies." It was ok. Then last night, I was browsing in a bookstore and spent a while flipping through The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quitting Smoking. It was a lot better than the Dummies book. In fact, I was so impressed with it, that I would say that if someone were to read only one book to guide them through the quitting process, the Idiot's book would be a great choice. I wish I had read it before my quit. The psychology was just right, acknowledging up front that people DO get something out of smoking (take that, Allen Carr); the information was accurate, thorough, and detailed; and the tone was encouraging and even at times funny -- and if there's one thing I've found out during this quit is that it really helps to be able to laugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home