Friday, November 26, 2004

Here's something that's good to know

Not cheating on the very first day of nicotine-replacement use increases the chance of quitting permanently by tenfold.

Well, that makes me feel motivated to work really hard to get through the first day. If I focus on just making it through that one day, I think I can do it. That's much less overwhelming than thinking about quitting forever -- and if that alone is enough to increase my chances tenfold (!), it's certainly worth doing.

-- The info is from a page put up by the University of Maryland Medical System. They also have other tips and good info on the success rates of different types of treatments. (The one I'm doing, which is nicotine replacement plus Zyban plus counseling is the most effective so far -- yay!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home