Tuesday, December 07, 2004

12 hours into the quit

Reached into my grabbag of virtual and physical smoking-cessation toys this morning, and came up with this one: the new-agey stop-smoking cassette tape. It was mildly annoying to listen to -- too much spiritual woo-woo for my tastes -- but it's got this hypnotic music, and I thought, who knows, maybe if I listen to it enough, it will brainwash the cravings away.

But after listening to it, I still wanted a cigarette.

Then later I did some chair yoga. That actually helped! Forgot about the cravings altogether. Well, for a few minutes anyway.

I still want a cigarette, but not as intensely as I did before. So it looks like chair yoga might be the way to go.

But can I do it all day long?

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I found running twenty feet until my lungs burned actually stopped the craving. Nothing else worked.
I really liked the beast mind and human mind concept. I also noticed that. You can use the same concept for anything. I used it for running. I would tell the dumb mind to run until it got to a tree up ahead. Then, when I got to the tree I told it to run to the next thing. It would be funny if the beast mind weren't so gullible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home